State AGs continue to be active as a legal, policy, and political force, and recent federal legislation has further broadened their enforcement powers. Working proactively with State AGs can help a company avoid becoming a target of investigations, manage issues before they escalate into costly litigation or damaging media coverage, and limit legal exposure and facilitate a resolution.
Dickstein Shapiro’s State AG Practice ranks among the largest in the United States and has worked with AG offices for more than 30 years. Our attorneys help clients:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with AGs.
- Educate AGs on national and state policy issues.
- Anticipate and craft creative solutions to potential issues before they impact the client.
- Minimize exposure to, and liability from, litigation.
- Defend vigorously when investigations are unavoidable or litigation is necessary.
We provide clients guidance on antitrust, complex litigation, consumer protection, data privacy, federalism, and public nuisance issues, among others We represent numerous Fortune 100 companies, including those in the banking, biotech, cable, chemical, credit card, energy, food, pharmaceutical, retail, and telecommunications industries.