Join Maryland Attorney General and 2012-2013 incoming president of the National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) Doug Gansler for the next “Conversation with State Attorneys General,” a webcast series presented by Dickstein Shapiro LLP.
Dickstein Shapiro State AG Practice Partner Divonne Smoyer will interview Attorney General Gansler about his role and priorities as Maryland’s chief legal officer. Attorney General Gansler will discuss and answer questions from the moderator and audience about a variety of topics, including:
- The recent multistate mortgage settlement;
- AGs’ focus on consumer data privacy, including his upcoming NAAG Presidential Initiative, increased state and federal data privacy cooperation, AGs’ recent inquiry of Google and its changing privacy policies, and AG Gansler’s C.L.I.C.K.S. (“Community Leadership In Cyber Knowledge and Safety”) Initiative;
- AG Gansler’s efforts to clean up the Chesapeake Bay, including the groundwork for a chicken manure-based power plant, and other environmental initiatives;
- AG activity in the healthcare sphere, including increased efforts to combat Medicaid fraud and the Supreme Court arguments on the Affordable Care Act; and
- The changing role of Attorneys General on the national political stage.
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions to better understand how State AG policies and regulations may impact their businesses.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
2:00-3:00 PM ET
Douglas F. Gansler, Maryland Attorney General and Incoming President, National Association of Attorneys General
Divonne Smoyer, Partner, State Attorneys General Practice, Dickstein Shapiro LLP
Please click here to register for this complimentary program.